Best Online Roulette Casinos in Canada 2021
Finding top casinos for the best online roulette experiences can be daunting so let us help you find the top-rated online roulette casinos. Look at our list of online roulette casinos where you can play for real money and even try some of the games out for free. We have recommended some of the top online roulette casinos with the best bonuses, game selection, variety, and software. For first-timers, please take a look at our quick guide on online roulette rules, how to play, tips and tricks.
Play Online Roulette for Real Money Here
Online Roulette Variations Available
There are many variations of Roulette available at online casinos for players to choose from. Let us help you discover them all by taking a look at our quick guide below. We are here to make it easier for you to decide which variation is your favorite.
European Roulette is a popular casino favorite in which players bet on where a ball will land following a spin of a roulette wheel. The circumference of the wheel features numbered “pockets” all around it. After the wheel stops spinning, the ball is settled in one of the numbered “pockets, ” determining the winning number and how the bets will be settled. All roulette wheels feature numbers from 1 to 36, with half of the numbers marked in red and the other half marked in black. The European wheel features an additional zero slot which is marked in green to make it stand out. This additional zero is one of the main differences between American and European Roulette as American Roulette does not have this value.
French Roulette features the same wheel as the European variation and offers the same betting options; however, the French table has a slightly different layout. French Roulette has a few added rules that make it unique and affect the odds and payouts. For example, if you make an outside bed and lose because the ball lands on zero, you will get half your bet back. This rule is known as La Partage, which makes the odds a little better for the player since it lessens the significance of the zero by half. The second rule difference is called en prison; in this case, if you have made an outside bet and lose because the ball lands on zero, you are given two options, either take half your bet back (following la partage) or make the same bet again. Should you take the second option, the croupier puts a marker on your bet to show it is locked in, and if you win your bet, you win, but if you lose, you forfeit your bet.
The American Roulette wheel and table feature a different figure and the standard zero seen in the French and European variations of the game known as the double zero (00) slot. Other than this, all the same, outside bets are present, and indeed, the game plays largely the same. The double zero in the wheel makes the odds less favorable to players, and thus the house edge is larger. Single number bets to win still payout 35-to 1 in American Roulette, but there are 38 slots in total, not 37, making your chance of hitting your number slightly lower.
Thus when comparing American Roulette against European Roulette, it is easy to see that one gives the player better odds. The same goes for French Roulette versus American Roulette.
If you play Roulette online, you’ll often see you get choices between the different variations. That’s a great advantage of playing online — you can play European, French, or American Roulette no matter where you are!
Top 5 Online Roulette Casinos According To Us
If you are looking for the best online casinos to play online Roulette, you have come to the right place! Our casino experts have sourced some of the top sites that offer the best online Roulette to suit any player; whether you are new to the scene of online gambling or you have been playing for years, we can help you find the best online gambling option.
Jackpot City Casino
Jackpot City Casino has been a provider of online gambling since 1998 and has built a reputation for itself. We have selected them as a top Online Roulette casino as they offer all variations of Roulette and multiplayer and multi-wheel games. They also offer progressive jackpots and live roulette catering to all types of online gambling enthusiasts.
Kahuna Casino offers 15 online roulette games, including the popular variations of the game such as American, French, and European Roulette. They also offer some VIP online roulette experiences for long-standing players. For new players, an awesome welcome bonus of CA$400 awaits you, including 200 free spins on any of their slots.
If you are looking for a wide variety of online Roulette, look no further than Spin Samurai. There are over 40 different online roulette games created by different software developers. Spin Samurai offers all three variations of online Roulette as well as various live versions. They also offer a very attractive welcome bonus of up to CA$1,200 with 75 free spins on their slots. Become a loyal member of Spin Samurai and enjoy epic bonuses, rewards, and invites to special events and promotions.
Spin Casino is a user-friendly online gambling site that offers a variety of casino favorites. Their online Roulette section offers players all three variations of online Roulette as well as a live version. This casino is completely mobile-friendly and can be accessed on both iOS and Android, allowing players to take their online gambling anywhere they please! Spin Casino also offers a large welcome bonus that is spread across your first three deposits.
Another casino that offers a large variety of online Roulette is Casino Friday; with over 20 versions of Roulette, you will be spoilt for choice! Choose between Live Roulette or RNG Roulette that is available in the American, French or European variation. The welcome bonus is a whooping CA$1000 with 200 free spins on any of their slots. Whereas most online casinos only offer a handful of live roulette options, Casino Friday offers over 25 options of the game, ranging from Lightning Roulette to Automatic Roulette.
What Do These Top Online Roulette Casinos Offer You
We have meticulously chosen these casinos for you based on their bonuses, promotions, variety of games, and software developers. We have also taken note of the best banking methods available for deposits and withdrawals.
Bonuses for Roulette Players
There are several bonuses that online casinos offer, such as welcome bonuses, loyalty bonuses, and no deposit bonuses. As the online gambling industry continues to grow, each competitor is trying to beat the next with these bonuses and exclusive offers, which is why we find the ones that offer nothing but the best.
Safe and Secure Deposit and Withdrawal Options
Gambling in the online space can be scary as you are dealing with real money, so online casinos need to offer players various banking options. Our recommended casinos offer players freedom of choice regarding banking, from standard credit/debit cards to e-wallets and Bitcoin.
Mobile-Friendly Online Roulette Experience
Online gambling has progressed from just desktop sites to mobile-friendly sites and apps in a completely digital era. All our recommended casinos offer a mobile-friendly option to use their site on a supporting web browser such as Google, Safari, or Opera Mini. They are also available for download on any app store such as Google Play or iStore.
Game Selection and Variety
We chose these recommended casinos because they offer players a wide variety of games to choose from, ranging from online Roulette variations to live games that ensure an exciting experience all the time.
We believe that the better the software, the better the experience for the player is at any online casino. All our recommended casinos offer online Roulette designed and developed by trusted software providers such as Microgaming, Net Entertainment, Novomatic, International Game Technology, and Play’N Go.
How To Play Online Roulette
Playing online Roulette for beginners could be daunting but fear not, as we are here to help. Here is our quick guide to playing online Roulette; playing for real money could not be easier!
- Step 1: Find an online casino that you are comfortable with. Start by creating your account, and once you are ready, head over to their online Roulette section and choose one of the options offered. Don’t forget to think about which version of Roulette you would like to play.
- Step 2: Once your game has loaded, you can start placing your bets. Decide on your desired bet by selecting the casino chips.
- Step 3: Decide what Bet you would like to select, and then click on the relevant numbers to place your bet. You are welcome to place multiple bets.
- Step 4: When you are happy with your selected bet, click spin and watch as the wheel spins. Once the ball stops on a number, you will then be paid out any winning bets.
- Step 5: Rinse and repeat. At this point, you can choose to re-bet, which will re-create your previous bets, or you can place new bets.
About Free Online Roulette Games
Those who experience some reservations about playing online Roulette should take advantage of free online Roulette games. This means that you will not be playing for real money but rather playing for fun. Doing this will also help with learning how to play online Roulette. All our recommended online casinos offer a “play for fun” option on their top games allowing players to practice and learn the ropes of each game.
Popular Online Roulette Strategies
Roulette is a game of luck; there is no way to rig the system. Once the wheel has been spun, there is no precise way to determine exactly where the ball will land. With online Roulette, a random number generator is used to determine where the ball will land, and it is still impossible to predict the exact winning number. But there are tips and tricks when it comes to betting.
Online Roulette Bets
There are some general betting strategies that players can take advantage of to better their chances of securing a win. As with any gambling game, the higher the odds, the better the payouts. The benefit of online Roulette is that there is less room for errors, for example, a crooked wheel or a dealer’s habits.
Inside bets are all the bets a player can make on the inner section of the table. For example, placing your chip on a single number would be considered an inside bet. We recommend placing a bet on more than just one number as the probability of landing on that single number is quite slim.
- Straight Up Bet – When making a straight-up bet, a player places a chip on a single number, for example, red 18. The payout is 35 to 1. This means that the ball needs to land on this specific color and number for a player to win.
- Split Bet – Placing a wager on two adjacent numbers. For example, placing a bet between 15 and 16. The expected payout is 17 to 1.
- Street Bet – This refers to placing a bet where three numbers appear in a row, for example, 10, 11, 12. The general payout is 11 to 1.
- Corner Bet – A bet placed on four numbers. The wager is placed on the corner where the four numbers touch each other. A winning payout is 8 to 1.
- Five bet – Five bets involve 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. The wager is placed at the corner next to 0 and 1. This is a bet that is mostly used on American roulette tables only. A winning payout is 6 to 1.
- Line Bet – Line bets are wagers placed on two rows containing three numbers each. A winning payout is 5 to 1.
- Column Bet – uses 12 numbers in a column. Since it involves 12 numbers in a row, it nearly covers 1/3 of the wheel, and the payout is 2-1. A winning payout is 2 to 1, and the table coverage for European Roulette is 32.4% and 31.6% for American Roulette.
- Dozen Bet – allows you to bet 12 numbers for each spin. The “1st 12” box, the “2nd 12 boxes”, or the 3rd 12″ box. A winning payout is 2 to 1, and the table coverage for European Roulette is 32.4% and 31.6% for American Roulette.
- Bet on Color – includes all the red or black numbers, and the bet is made on whichever is chosen. A winning payout is 1 to 1. This specific bet is very basic, especially for new players.
- Bet on Odd/Even – contains either all even or odd numbers, and the bet is taken on that. A winning payout is 1 to 1, and the table coverage 48.6% for European Roulette and 47.4% for American Roulette. Keep in mind that the 0 and 00 slots are not part of the even or odd bets; therefore, if you make one of these and the ball lands on 0 or 00, you will not win unless you’re playing on either a French or European roulette table.
- Bet on Low/High – is where you select either all high or low numbers, placing your chips on 1 – 18 or on 19 – 36, which is close to half of the numbers on the wheel. A winning payout is 1 to 1.
Tips and Tricks
- Understand your odds before placing your bet
- Try different betting systems, do not count on only one
- Find good online casinos you can trust
- Understand your Roulette variations
- Play on Live Casinos to get more experience
FAQ’s About Online Roulette
We would recommend Jackpot City Casino as they offer an attractive welcome bonus which you can use to play your first game of Roulette. They also offer a 24/7 customer service chat so if you have any questions, they are more than able to assist.
Yes, online Roulette is legal. All our recommended casinos are certified and licensed.
There is no real way to determine where the ball will land once the wheel has started to spin. All online Roulette games are run with a Random Number Generator, so there is no way to know which number gets the most hits.
Yes! All casinos recommended by us offer real money online Roulette.
No, online Roulette cannot be rigged as it is programmed with a Random Number Generator. There are also a number of laws and regulations placed on online casinos to ensure that everything is fair.
Roulette is ultimately a game of pure luck; however, there are strategies that you can use to help with your odds.
We would recommend the European variation of Roulette as it has 37 values instead of 38, making your chances of winning slightly higher.