How to Play Online Keno Guide – 2021
Learn how to play keno with our detailed guide for Canadian gamblers. As a beginner, we will show you the basic rules of the game. If you are an online keno expert, our guide will help you discover new strategies, odds, tips, and tricks. If you like games that feature lower risks, then keno is the way to go.
The popularity of keno is constantly growing as it is a fun lottery-like game that everyone can enjoy. The rules are simple to grasp, and you can start playing for real money in no time.
Top Online Keno Casinos – Canada
How to Play Keno
Online keno is an easy real money casino game. Many gamblers compare it to bingo because it is a game played with a series of numbers. The game is played with a card featuring numbers from 1 to 80. Keno is a lottery-style game, so you simply pick your numbers and wait for the random number generator to reveal the numbers. If you guessed any of the winning numbers, you would be paid out accordingly. Some online keno games only allow players to choose a maximum of 15 and 20 numbers within two rounds.
Now that you have a brief idea of how keno works, you can follow these easy steps:
- Choose one of our top-rated online craps casinos and set up an account.
- Deposit funds into your account to claim the welcome bonus. Go through the casino offers to see if there are any other bonuses you can claim.
- Find one of the online keno games and click ‘play.’
- Your screen will then show you the keno card reflecting 80 numbers.
- Select your bet amount per draw.
- Choose your numbers between 1 and 20.
- Click ‘play’ or ‘draw’ and wait for the RNG to draw the numbers.
- If you have chosen any winning numbers, the money will be paid to your casino account.
Keno Payouts and RTP’s
With any casino game, the interest around payouts is what attracts players. Some say that online keno is on the same level as online slots for RTP’s and payouts. To make this easier for you, we have created a simple keno payout chart.
For this example, the numbers at the top of the table are the numbers selected by the player. The numbers running down the left side are the numbers that were matched. In the center of the table are the predicted payouts based on a CA$1 bet. At the bottom of the table, we have stated the Return to Player percentage.
Once you understand the paytable, you will have mastered one of the most important components of keno. This method also works with different game variants and highlights the best value bets.
How To Win Keno Games
When you play keno online, always remember that it is a game of chance. You do not influence the draws and what numbers will appear. You can, however, keep these tips in mind, which will help you gain some confidence.
- Numbers – Be wise when choosing numbers. Try a bit of consistency to avoid risky wagers. Our experts suggest selecting between 6 to 8 numbers each round.
- Understand the payouts – Knowing how the payouts work lays a foundation for understanding what you can expect with each wager.
- Utilize bonuses – Bonuses and casino credit are great ways to increase your bankroll. You can use the bonus to play keno games without any risk of losing your money.
- Play free games – Free games are some of the best tools at your disposal. Use fee keno games to try different wagers and betting options.
Online Keno Glossary of Terms
The maximum amount a virtual casino will payout during a single keno round.
Money assigned to keno games is known as the bank.
Gambling sites use a computer ticket as the Keno card.
Each round of keno is known as a draw. This is when the winning numbers are revealed.
When a player has a winning number selected on their keno card, it is known as a hit.
The board for the game. The board reflects numbers from 1 to 80, and when a number has been drawn, it will be marked with ‘X.’
Online casinos offer live keno games where everything takes place in real-time. All numbers are drawn from a wire cage with white balls featuring the numbers. A caller reads what numbers have been drawn, and it is played with other players.
Slang terms that refer to a single round of keno.
How To Play Online Keno FAQ’s
Yes, you can. All our recommended online casinos offer real money keno. There are plenty of opportunities to win great cash prizes and jackpots.
Keno is a game of luck, making strategies redundant. But there are aspects such as understanding RTPs and payouts that help you understand the game better, which allows you to make better wagers.
Some keno experts say that there are five popular keno numbers. These are 23, 34, 72, 1, and 4. This is based on the fact that most state draws have features these numbers often.
You can access online keno games through your mobile browser or a mobile app.
No. You cannot cheat online keno games as they draw numbers using an RNG. This ensures that there is no rigging from the casino or the player.