Ontario, home to Canada’s capital Ottawa and Canada’s biggest city Toronto, is one of the best places to gamble in The True North in 2017.
Ontario is a Canadian gambler’s paradise. The province offers a staggering 31 land-based casinos, spread across 26 towns and cities, from Toronto down South, to Fort Severn way up North at Hudson Bay.
Gamblers over the age of 19 are welcome to play for real money at any land-based casino in The Heartland Province or at any online casino that accepts Canadian players.
Ontario Gambling Laws
In Ontario, the state-run Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is responsible for many of the land-based casinos in Ontario. They also conduct and manage their own online casino, PlayOLG, where Ontario gamblers can play for and win real money online.
Though many land-based casinos are run by the OLG, there are also private casino resorts across the province, like the Fallsview Casino Resort at Niagara Falls. The great thing about gambling in Ontario is the flexibility that players have when gambling there.
Also, all OLG proceeds go to provincial programs as well as community and charitable programs.
How to Choose the Best Ontario Online Casino
Although there are hardly any home-grown online casinos (aside from the PlayOLG online casino), ON gamblers can still play their favorite online casino games at any online casino featured on Casinos Online Canada.
When choosing the best online casino, ON players should always use the same points that Casinos Online Canada uses to evaluate any casino when we review and before we feature it.
- Quick and fuss-free banking with a variety of options, including credit and debit cards, e-wallets, and bank transfers
- Mobile casino playability, preferably via both instant-play and a downloadable app
- Welcome bonus with regular loyalty bonuses
- Encryption of all information sent between the player and the casino via industry-standard 128-bit Secure Socket Layer encryption
- Lastly, and most importantly, a great selection of different casino games from one or more reputable suppliers who also offer their own progressive jackpot games
Mobile Gambling in Ontario
Mobile gambling in Ontario is the best way to enjoy an online casino experience in 2017. The Heartland province offers players the best way to enjoy gambling whichever way they choose. Today, mobile gambling offers the best all-around experience for gamblers in Canada, with many advantages and very few disadvantages.
There are four main mobile operating system platforms online casinos cater to. They are:
Android is by far the most popular mobile OS in the world. High-end devices like the Samsung Galaxy range, the Sony Xperia range, and even low-budget phones from smaller manufacturers like ZTE all use Google’s all-encompassing and customizable OS. Every online casino featured on Casinos Online Canada has ensured that their casino experience works well on Android devices.
Though Android-powered devices have the largest share of the smartphone market in Canada, Apple iPhones are still the single most popular smartphones in Canada. Therefore, to be considered truly great, an online casino would have to offer the exact same experience for mobile users, whether they use Android or iOS.
Blackberry devices aren’t nearly as popular as they once were, though some players still prefer the browsing experience they offer. Therefore, in order to cater to these players, mobile casinos still offer support for Blackberry devices. Though, it should be noted that these will have limited functionality, and won’t be as engrossing an experience as online casinos accessed from more recent smartphones.
Though Windows Mobile has the smallest share of the current smartphones OS market, it is still a player, and therefore, essential to cater to. Windows Mobile runs almost exclusively on Microsoft phones, like the Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL.
ON Gambling Sites FAQ
Ontario Interesting facts
- The province is massive. It is larger than both France and Spain combined.
- Yonge Street, which connects the shores of Lake Ontario in Toronto to Lake Simcoe, holds the distinction of being the longest street in the world.
- The official bird is the Common Loon.
- ‘The Big Nickel’ located in Sudbury, is the largest coin in the world and is a reproduction of a 1951 Canadian Nickel and measures a stunning 9m in diameter.
- James Bond creator Ian Fleming was trained as a spy at Camp X, an Allied spy school located between Whitby and Oshawa.