eCOGRA casinos give players from Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa peace of mind that all online gambling transactions are handled in a safe and secure manner in 2017. There are many online gambling authorities out there, but it is difficult to know which one to trust. The eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance knew as eCOGRA is one of the most trusted online casino authorities in the world. You can rest assured that each online casino that bares their stamp of approval can be trusted. Read on to find out why eCOGRA is the primary gambling regulatory authority.
eCOGRA Casinos History
With 13 years of experience, it’s easy to see why eCOGRA has managed to retain its title as the most respected gambling authority in the world. Established in London in 2003, eCOGRA is not only known for their fair practices but also as the pioneers of the first online casino gambling regulation service. Currently, the company regulates many online casino sites from all around the world, including sites from Spain, UK, Isle of Man, Gibraltar, Denmark as well as the Kahnawake reserve in Canada.
eCOGRA-What do they do
An eCOGRA casino is an online casino that is licensed and regulated by the eCOGRA gambling authority. eCOGRA casinos deal with the challenge of monitoring and regulating online casinos all over the world. eCOGRA ensures that all online casinos under its banner follow the objectives and rules of fair gambling practice. These objectives aim to:
- Protect the players of the online casino
- Protect the privacy of players information and transactions
- Ensure that all payments are correct and fast
- Prevent underage gambling
- Battle criminal and fraudulent gambling behavior
- Ensure that all online casino games are fair by conducting RNG and RTP game evaluations
- Ensure responsible and accurate marketing
- Ensure that all customers are supported by the online casino and are satisfied with its service
- Ensure that online casinos provide their Canadian players with a safe, reliable and secure environment
eCOGRA casinos have high standards to maintain, and to make sure that these rules are adhered to eCOGRA sends out their team yearly on an onsite visit to review all of its online casinos ensuring that they comply with the eCOGRA rules and maintain their objectives. If a player feels that they have been cheated or treated unfairly by the online casino, they can contact eCOGRA to handle the complaints and disputes. These disputes are handled publically which ensures that all eCOGRA casinos are held accountable for their actions.
How online casinos gain eCOGRA status
The online casino must first gain jurisdiction approval from eCOGRA. The casino is then put through a security review which includes looking at the RNG (random number generator) and RTP (return to player) of the games. Once the casino has passed the security review, it will gain the status of an eCOGRA casino.
Why play at eCOGRA casinos
Here’s why you should play at eCOGRA casinos:
- You can ensure that you are gaming with a legal and reputable online casino.
- You will have peace of mind knowing that your information and banking transactions are safe and secure.
- All you disputes and concerns will be handled in a fair and responsible manner.
- You can rest assured with the knowledge that your winnings will be paid out to you.
- You can be sure that the online casino adheres to the rules and is regulated.
- You can be certain that the casino meets the industry standards set by eCOGRA.
- You are assured that the casino is dedicated to providing the highest quality gaming experience.
At Canadian Casinos, we ensure that all eCOGRA casinos featured on our site meet the standards set by the company itself, as well as our personal criteria. This criterion includes:
- Making sure that the eCORGA casinos featured are legal and certified so you can gamble stress-free knowing that you are gambling at a secure, reliable and safe online casino – isn’t this a bit redundant? If they’re eCOGRA casinos surely they’re certified. Maybe specify and say licensed by their local governing body (ie. UK Gambling Commission etc.).
- Ensuring that the eCOGRA casinos meet the standards and requirements set by eCOGRA itself.
- Guaranteeing that the eCOGRA casinos have a wide selection of games and practices fairness regarding gameplay and payout.